Office of the City Clerk 491 E. Pioneer Avenue
Homer, Alaska 99603
Jo Johnson, CMC, City Clerk (907) 235-8121
Melissa Jacobsen, CMC, Deputy City Clerk II ext: 2224, 2226, or 2227
Renee Krause, CMC, Deputy City Clerk I Fax: (907) 235-3143
M E M O R A N D U M - 11-054
TO: MAYOR HORNADAY AND HOMER CITY COUNCIL
FROM: JO JOHNSON, CMC, CITY CLERK
DATE: APRIL 5, 2011
SUBJECT: RESOLUTION 11-037 - LAND ALLOCATION PLAN
The following recommendations to the Land Allocation Plan were presented by the Lease Committee, Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission, Library Advisory Board, and the Planning Technician.
For the recommendations to be adopted in the 2011 Land Allocation Plan, Council by motion may add the recommendations to Resolution 10-37 under the NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED clause.
1. Support the Kachemak Bay Wooden Boat Society lease proposal on the south east corner of Tract 1-A, page B-6. No campground revenue would be lost. (KPB Parcel #181-031-17)
2. Designate and define a 10,000 sq. ft. portion of Tract 1-A, page B-6, and make the land available for Request for Proposals. (KPB Parcel #181-031-17)
3. Seawall lots 43 and 44 Oscar Munson Subdivision, page C-14, retain for open space, view shed and erosion protection of infrastructure such as water and sewer lines. (KPB Parcel #177-177-06, 07)
4. NW of Karen Hornaday Park, 10 acres, page C-7, retain for a future park. (KPB Parcel #175-040-03)
5. Lots 10, 21, 24, and 25 along/near Kachemak Drive, pages C-10, 11, 12, retain for future Kachemak Drive Trail and rest areas. (KPB Parcel #179-080-09, 15, 25, 26)
6. Offer for sale to the general public the land referred to as “Old Library Land” page D-3 in the Land Allocation Plan, and if it is not sold then to designate as a conservation buffer.
7. Sell lot along Kachemak Drive – KPB Parcel # 179-080-50 South ½ of Government Lot 30 Lying West of Kachemak Drive.
Select the recommendations you would like included in the 2011 Land Allocation Plan and by motion add them to Resolution 11-037.