A Resolution of the City Council of Homer, Alaska, Amending the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 to Provide for Long Term Parking Fees. City Clerk/Port and Harbor Advisory Commission.
CITY OF HOMER
Port and Harbor Advisory Commission
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF HOMER, ALASKA, AMENDING THE PORT OF HOMER TERMINAL TARIFF NO. 600 TO PROVIDE FOR LONG TERM PARKING FEES.
WHEREAS, A Long Term Parking Plan was adopted via Resolution 11-034(S), with parking fees included in the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 via Resolution 11-040(A); and
WHEREAS, To accommodate the customers who need to park their vehicle for more than seven days and likely less than ninety days in a calendar year, the commission recommended a monthly parking fee option for long-term parking; and
WHEREAS, The option of a month-to-month long-term parking fee will decrease the amount of office transactions and reduce enforcement efforts to encourage compliance.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the City Council hereby amends the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 as follows:
RULE: 34.31 – PARKING FEES
Parking fees to be collected at Ramp 1, Ramp 2, Ramp 3 and Ramp 4 seasonally (Memorial Day through Labor Day). Parking fee is $5 per calendar day. Posted parking time limits will be established and enforced as per Homer City Code 10.04.100.
(a) LONG TERM PARKING PERMITS
Vehicles over 20’ and trailers are not eligible for long term parking permits.
(1) Seasonal permits for day use parking (Ramps 1-4): $250.00.
(2) Long Term parking permits required for vehicles 20’ or less parked in excess of seven (7) consecutive 24-hour days.
(3) Long Term Parking annual permit fee for vessel owners paying annual moorage in the Homer Harbor: fee $100.00.
(4) Long Term parking annual permit (January 1st through December 31st): fee $200.00.
(5) Monthly parking permit for vehicles less than 20’: fee $70.00 for 30 consecutive days.
(6) Monthly parking permit for vehicles over 20’: fee $85.00 for 30 consecutive days in a portion of Lot 9 only.
(57) Long term parking will be enforced year around.
(68) Parking lot restrictions for long term parking, May 1 through October 1, as
depicted on harbor map (Resolution 11-036(A).
(79) Existing code definitions for restricted parking, vehicles, junk vehicles, and fines for violations apply. Fines, $25.00 per calendar day, provided that the fine for overtime parking in long term parking area will be limited to $250.00 fine per calendar year, with $200.00 of the fine credited towards the long term parking annual permit.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of Homer, Alaska, this ________ day of _______________, 2012.
CITY OF HOMER
JAMES C. HORNADAY, MAYOR
JO JOHNSON, CMC, CITY CLERK
Fiscal Note: Revenue amounts not defined in CY2012 budget.