Wednesdays, 10:00AM to 11:00AM
For parents and children 3 to 5 years old in the Joy Griffin Children's Room at the Library.
Preschool Story Hour features talented readers who are passionate about children's books - and they often sing and play instruments! After the reading, a related craft activity helps to reinforce the theme of the books read that day. This program is designed for children ages 3 to 5, but other children are welcome to use the Children's Room as long as they do not distract from the activities.
Story Hour at the library means :
- kids getting together to enjoy books and reading
- kids listening and participating in a group of their peers
- parents and caregivers modeling appropriate storytime behavior
- parents and caregivers sharing the love of literature with their children
- parents, caregivers and children coming together to socialize in their neighborhood "living room"