The Library Advisory Board Regular Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
The Library Advisory Board (LAB) acts in an advisory capacity to the Library Director and the City. Board members serve three-year terms and are appointed by the Mayor. Of the seven-member board at least five members are required to reside within the city limits.
The LAB members work with the Library Director to:
* establish operational policies for the library for approval by the City Council
* assist the Library Director with the annual budget request to the City Council
* adopt bylaws and regulations for internal operations
* make recommendations through the City Manager to the Mayor and City Council concerning the library
* solicit donations of moneyand/or property for the benefit of the library
* represent the library to the community
LAB members work closely with the Friends of the Homer Library board and volunteers, as well as the library staff and City of Homer, to ensure that the library gives the best service possible to the community of Homer.