Construction is complete on this project. The project is located approximately 400 feet south of East End Road on Mattox Street. The project consists of installing a new concrete vault containing pressure reducing valves that will control water pressure to the neighborhood below.
The cost of this work is $210,000. A loan has been secured through the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation for the cost of the design and construction of this project; 90% of which will be forgiven once the project is complete. The remaining 10% is funded by the Homer Accelerated Water and Sewer Program (HAWSP), which has been established by the community to fund water and sewer improvements through the implementation of a ¾ cent sales tax.
The water pressures delivered to residents below the project now have been reduced to the normal pressures experienced in other areas in the community.