A Resolution of the City Council of Homer, Alaska, Amending the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 to Provide for Long Term Parking Violation Fines. City Manager/Port and Harbor Director.
CITY OF HOMER
Port and Harbor Director
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF HOMER, ALASKA, AMENDING THE PORT OF HOMER TERMINAL TARIFF NO. 600 TO PROVIDE FOR LONG TERM PARKING VIOLATION FINES.
WHEREAS, A Long Term Parking Plan was adopted via Resolution 11-034(S), with parking fees included in the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 via Resolution 11-040(A); and
WHEREAS, The Port and Harbor Advisory Commission subsequently recommended a limit on the amount of long term parking violation fines per calendar year, with monies of the fine credited towards the long term parking annual permit.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the City Council hereby amends the Port of Homer Terminal Tariff No. 600 as follows:
RULE: 34.31 – PARKING FEES
Parking fees to be collected at Ramp 1, Ramp 2, Ramp 3 and Ramp 4 seasonally (Memorial Day through Labor Day). Parking fee is $5 per calendar day. Posted parking time limits will be established and enforced as per Homer City Code 10.04.100.
(a) LONG TERM PARKING PERMITS
Vehicles over 20’ and trailers are not eligible for long term parking permits.
(1) Seasonal permits for day use parking (Ramps 1-4): $250.00.
(2) Long Term parking permits required for vehicles 20’ or less parked in excess of seven (7) consecutive 24-hour days.
(3) Long Term Parking annual permit fee for vessel owners paying annual moorage in the Homer Harbor: fee $100.00.
(4) Long Term parking annual permit (January 1st through December 31st): fee $200.00.
(5) Long term parking will be enforced year around.
(6) Parking lot restrictions for long term parking, May 1 through October 1, as
depicted on harbor map (Resolution 11-036(A).
(7) Existing code definitions for restricted parking, vehicles, junk vehicles, and fines for violations apply. Fines, $25.00 per calendar day.,, provided that the fine for overtime parking in long term parking area will be limited to $250.00 fine per calendar year, with $200.00 of the fine credited towards the long term parking annual permit.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of Homer, Alaska, this 25th day of July, 2011.
CITY OF HOMER
JAMES C. HORNADAY, MAYOR
JO JOHNSON, CMC, CITY CLERK
Fiscal Note: Revenue amounts not defined in CY2011 budget.