Homebound services delivers a variety of library materials to residents in assisted living, skilled nursing and retirement facilities as well as those still living in their homes.
Materials are selected based on the participant’s wants and needs and will be provided until the patron no longer desires it, or when eligibility criteria have lapsed.
- Those who can no longer come to the library on their own due to:
- Illness (long term)
- Lack of transportation and/or inability of friends or family to pick up or return materials on a timely basis
- Live within the Homer city limits
- Have a valid library card in good standing
- Items will be given directly to the patron - not left unattended in a hallway, doorstep, etc.
- Items will be checked out on the individual’s card, with the understanding they are fully responsible for the items left in their possession
- Deliveries and pick-ups occur on a set schedule
- Weekly visits are scheduled to the Friendship Terrace
- Large print books
- Regular books
- Audio books
- Reference services
- Reader’s advisory
- Applications for talking book services
Materials unavailable for homebound delivery
- Videos and equipment are not available for homebound delivery due to abbreviated checkout periods.
To find out if you are eligible for this excellent service:
Call 235-3180 and ask for the Homebound coordinator